Cameron Leigh

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Good Morning All,

Sorry I haven't been in touch, but I returned from Ohio with a cold. I am feeling better and your get well wishes mean a lot to me. So today is Valentines Day, I am sure the majority of you have big plans. As for me, I will be home.

I was able to give a gift this past weekend that can't be measured in cards and candy. I worked with Habitat for Humanity this past weekend and the final toll was we built twelve homes in twelve days, they had over 250 people working these past two weeks. I can't speak for anyone else but for me that was the most gratifying work I have ever done in my life. The home that I worked on went to a single mother with five kids; before, Habitat for Humanity, she used to live in public housing with two bedrooms and she shared her bed with her two smaller children. I am not going to get into the politics of race, education and poverty. This is not the forum for such a discussion. I will say this; when we presented this mother with the keys to her new home she broke down and cried. Her kids ran all through the house shouting and laughing and saying this is a dream come true. It was to precious to hear a five year old say "this is a dream come true."

I didn't do much of the heavy stuff, because I am way to clumsy to handle a hammer or power tool but I did do a lot of painting. I hope this lady and her family have many wonderful Valentines Day memories. I know this is something that I will not be able to forget as long as I live. When I feel better I will upload my pictures of me painting or should I say covered in paint.

Happy Valentines Day,
Cameron

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

You have a pure heart of gold. I'm proud to know you and call you my friend. Your giving heart is one of many qualities that puts you far above the rest. Happy Valentine's Day and I hope you feel better.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home