Cameron Leigh

Monday, January 15, 2007

The Blind Date

Hello All,

I hope everyone is well. I hope you all had a very wonderful and relaxing weekend. I myself am doing just fine. I am slowly getting back into my groove. I am all settled into my new place and it is just lovely to say the least. Let me say that I did see the games and yours truly was 4-0 in her predictions. I nailed the Pats/Chargers game as I said it would come down to a field goal. I simply love it when I am right, it is like really good sex for me. I get this glow all over my face and my endorphins start pumping.

Ok, so let me tell you about my blind date this weekend. The only reason why I agreed to such a thing was because I owed on a favor someone did for me. My friend Nicole set me up on this blind date and we agreed to meet at a local restaurant close to where I live. Luckily, I tricked my friend and her husband into staying for dinner. Thank God! My date's opening line was "sorry I'm late but my therapist let me go over." Now I have been on my fair share of bad dates: the guy who stuck with the check, the guy who picked me up in a stolen car, the guy who had a lazy eye and I kept staring at it all night long making him feel very "uncomfortable", and of-course who could forget the guy who came over for Thanksgiving dinner wearing an ankle monitor...which by the way we discovered half way through dinner he was out of range. So you would think my bad date "radar" would be telling me this isn't going to end well. Remember when you were growing up your parents taught you the rules of conversation, that there are three things that you should not talk about: money, politics, and religion. My date proceeded to tell me how much money he makes, how much money he is paying to his ex-wife and her kids, that he is neither a Republican or Democrat but a Libertarian and that Christianity is the downfall of mankind. That is when I realized that I was being punished for something I must have done in a past life. To make matter worse he started yelling very loudly in the restaurant and to be honest I don't know what he was complaining about. We had the waiter and the manager of the restaurant at our table and he just kept going on and on and the next thing you know he shoved the waiter. Of-course, you know what happened next....we were asked to leave the restaurant. Never in my entire life have I been asked to leave anywhere....I am still in shock. This man was crazy or as my grandma used to say crazy with a K. I told him that I didn't think a second date was going to happen, because I am not the Bonnie to his Clyde.

My new mission now is to get revenge on my friend Nicole. She should have known that he was crazy; you can't hide that kind of crazy. I welcome any suggestions as to how I should repay her for dinner. Wish me luck!!

Hugs & Kisses,
Cameron

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like he likes "keepin it real" (to quote Chapelle's show)

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home