Cameron Leigh

Friday, January 05, 2007

Landslide

I climbed a mountain and I turned around....
and I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
and the landslide brought me down........


Those are the words to one of my favorite songs. It was written by Stevie Nicks and then latter re-made by the Dixie Chicks. The reason why I picked this song and in particular those words is because I have hit a landslide in my life. I have achieved just about everything that I have set out to achieve. Let me re-phrase that I have achieved everything that society has deemed worthy of me achieving. So it has lead me to make this decision: I am going to be retiring after this year. Don't get all sad and blue you still have a whole year to see me. But it is time for me to start a new chapter in my life. The song has a line it and it says "time makes children get older and I'm getting older too." As I get older there are things in my life that don't matter to me as much. I am not as materialistic as I used to be. Don't get wrong I am not going to sell my house and live in a shack, but the things that I once coveted and stayed in this business to purchase, receive, or maintain don't matter as much to me anymore. Don't misinterpret this either I still like getting gifts but it is not a priority for me.

Now I am not sure what I am going to do with myself when this is all done. I have some ideas running through this pretty little head of mine. I will admit I am nervous, scared, excited, hopeful, anxious and all those other adjectives that describe a new adventure in your life.

..can I sail through the changing ocean tides
can I handle the seasons of my life.....


I don't know; but I am definitely looking forward to the challenge.

Hugs & Kisses,
Cameron

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back writing.

So will you do the "full-court-press" in your final year, or take it mellow?

Were you able too put-away a decent amount of cash in the time you were active?

Good song, BTW.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Nice read again, the more I visit your diary the more I learn about you and admire.I think you will be good at whatever you decide to do with your life after your retirement.I also notice on your calendar that you are going to be helping with Habitat For Humanity.Thats great you are giving your time to help those in need.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home