Cameron Leigh

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What do Men Want....Really???

I know I am probably going to get a lot of commentary about this post, but I really need someone to explain the opposite sex to me. Are men really from Mars and women from Venus? I only ask; because I have a good friend crying her eyes out in my spare bedroom because some man.....wait let me correct that, because some boy has broken her heart. I know that relationships are hard work, but with that being said there is a right way and a wrong way to do something.

I am not sure as to what happen between my friend and this guy who she met a little over a year ago. They started off fine from on outsiders observation. I know he lived up North and she lived down here in Florida and maybe that contributed to the demise of the relationship. I do know that my friend wasn't and still isn't looking for a boyfriend, she just wanted someone to hang out with, catch a game with, go on vacation with. Just be with someone who wasn't go to make things complicated. Well, things started to change for them after New Year's and they went their separate ways after her birthday. Oh did mention she took him to Mexico for his "30th" birthday. But and maybe this is her fault; she still wanted to be friends with this guy because she really liked hanging out with him. Well a couple a weeks ago she asked him to her a simple favor. And I can honestly say that to this day she is still waiting. My friend, Antoinette, feels so bad that she can't even get a return phone call from this jerk. She is not asking to borrow money, or asking for a place to stay; she just wants to know some places to eat and some sights to see when she goes on vacation and that doesn't warrant a return phone call.

I will be the first to admit I do not know what happened in their relationship. I know it cuts both ways,but they still chose to hang out with each other after they decided to go their separate ways. And if he had such a problem then he should have said something to her instead of ignoring her and making her feel like shit. You know what my friend said to me last night in between tears: "I must be a really awful person." No your not!!! I will admit once again I don't know what happened in that relationship but unless she stabbed him, burned down his house and ran over his mother with a car there is no plausible, rationale excuse for that behavior. Look if he didn't want to talk her anymore so be it; he could've given her the information she requested and then said don't call him anymore.

I hate seeing people upset over stupidness (especially ones I care about). Maybe it is me, maybe it is because I am woman. Do men really think that ignoring the situation is the best way to handle something? Or maybe he gets his kicks doing stuff like that. I don't know but I wish someone would explain it to me so that I can explain it to my friend.

Kisses,
Cam

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some guys are looking for a girlfriend. Sometimes it is not mutual. This guy is having trouble keeping his romantic feelings platonic. Actually, when a guy HAS romantic feelings, it's pretty much impossible to go platonic from there.

Best to abandon the friendship, I'm sorry to say. I say this because I've most certainly been that guy before (in some respects). It never works out.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home