Cameron Leigh

Monday, October 02, 2006

What a Great Weekend!!!

I have to say this past weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a very long time. It was a great weekend for football both on the collegiate level and the pros. But before I get into a heated debate on football I have a little story to share with all. This past week I had the great privilege of speaking with my good friend "Steve". It was great because we hadn't spoken in a long time. This story will make him laugh.

I went to see my nephew play flag football Saturday morning. I mean this kid is one to keep an eye out for. At thirteen he is already 5'8" tall and great wide receiver. Unfortunately, his parents want him to go to the University of Florida for college. I took along my gay friend, Mark, because he promised me brunch after the game. The game was held in this town named Davie, which is not known for its tolerant views. This is the same town that had the nerve to called Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor the "N" word. So, when I showed up I felt it was my duty to stir things up a little. Mid-way through the second quarter of the game I started in on my friend Mark. I was joking ofcourse, but I asked why he was leaving me...is it because I am black and what about the baby. I had all of these people looking at me. I even had a couple wanting to adopt my baby. However, my little niece didn't find it funny. She started to get upset because she thought that I was upset and she didn't understand why anybody would want to hurt me. What can I say the kid just loves me!! I told her that I was playing with Mark and he wasn't really mad me and then I asked her if she stopped crying we would go to Toys-r-us and get her a new Barbie. Before I could blink my eyes she had stopped crying and trying to get me to get her two Barbies; because as she puts it she was really really upset.

Now onto one of my favorite subjects: Football. I was pretty pleased with this weekends results except for one team: the Miami Dolphins. Now I am not a fan of the team by no means they always seem to let you down. This year is no different; at least they started early and not waited until the end of the season. I had mentioned that they wouldn't be any better because they had Dante Culpepper. If anything they have gotten worse because of him. He is an overrated quaterback; this is a guy who barley made the cut to finish playing at UCF because he couldn't maintain a 2.0 GPA. After he ran of Randy Moss from Minnesota he still couldn't perform. I know some of you are going to email me saying that he was injured but hell every football player gets injured...its part of the profession. He leads the league in qb sacks. I think he is something like third for interceptions. Saban should have went with Marcus Vick at least he can scramble out of pocket. I also don't want to hear about how the Dolphins aren't doing well because they don't have Ricky Williams, because that is a none issue. They new they weren't getting Ricky since the offseason and last season when he was there he was a non-factor as well.

All I am saying that for those of you who thought that Miami was going to be in the Super Bowl because the Super Bowl is down here in Miami, well that fantasy just isn't going to come true. Better luck next year!!!

Hug & Kisses,
Cameron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home