Cameron Leigh

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Give me Break.....Please

Hello Everyone,

I just want to thank all of you for the positive feedback on my new pictures. I have to apologize for taking my sweet time in getting them online, but better late than never.

Lets see what should we talk about today. OK, I have a good one. I am going to have to go on a rant and since this is my diary I have a right to do so. I just came back from Nashville/Memphis today and I have to say what a great trip. I wasn't able to see Graceland, but that will give me incentive to go back there again. But with a little happiness sorrow has to come and here is my sorrow. Now I know it is trivial and in the whole context of things I understand where they are coming from, but give me a break. As I was coming back home to Miami today, my flight was leaving out of Nashville at 6am. I decided to stay up all night so that I wouldn't miss my flight. Now I have to admit that this might have contributed to my dilemma. For those of you who know me I travel a lot and I know what the rules are for what you can bring on the plane and what you can't. The FAA has recently seen fit to grant us the priviledge of bringing lotion and water and some various liquids on the plane as long as they are 3ozs. I have a little travel size bottle of hand lotion and a travel size of hand sanatazier both under 3oz. As I was going through the line my bag was selected for "additional screening" ok no problem you do what you have to do. This lady who I don't know what her problem was this morning but decided to "try" to make my life difficult. She took my bag and emptied out all of the contents on the counter I still remained clam. Then she proceeded to go through my wallet and I am not exaggerating here she took out my credit cards one by one. I asked her what she was doing and she told me this was part of her job. Ok, lets be for real here you know what was coming out of mouth next. I told her I didn't think so,there is was no need for her to go through my wallet like that. So after we exchanged pleasantries she then came to my make-up bag. Where I have a compact, three lip glosses, eye shadow, lotion, hand sanitizer, and a blush brush. This lady decides to take my lotion, hand sanitizer, and my two Chanel lip glosses. I asked her what she was doing once again and she told me that I am not allowed to have these things on the plane. I told her that I could have them on with me because they are under 3ozs. She then told me that they need to be in a zip lock bag. Once again give me a break as if to say that a zip lock baggy is going to deter any type of bomb; unless that baggy is made out of kryptonite I don't see what the difference is. Now you know I had to say something to this lady who for whatever reason had a problem with me. I told her that I didn't really care if she threw away my lotion and hand gel but you are not going to throw away my lip gloss. I told her that from her extensive and thorough search of my bag she can clearly see that I have no bomb or any type of explosive device on me and that my lip gloss was practically finished and if she proceeded to go down this path well we were all going to be on the news today because nobody was going to be getting out of this airport. She then asked me if I was making a threat; I told her that I haven't made a threat yet but I if she needed clarification I would be more than happy to oblige her. She looked at me and I looked at her and she handed me my lip gloss back and told me to have a nice flight.

You know I wouldn't have gotten rude like that but she had it coming to her. What I really felt like saying was: "here is $80.00 you can go home for the day." but then I really would have been on the news. Look I am all for security and safety especially since I fly out every week, but I think you have to take a rationale approach to such matters if you are going to ban things then ban them. What difference does it make if you buy water inside the gate or at the local Walgreen's? It is still water? A zip lock bag; has that what it has come down to? Our safety rest in zip lock bags.....Give me a break!

Hugs & Kisses,
Cameron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home