Cameron Leigh

Monday, August 07, 2006

She's No Virgin

I want to thank all of you who have called and sent me get well wishes. And against my better judgment I went out Saturday nite to see the lovely, but needs to be in therapy, Mariah Carey. How should I describe this event? First off her tickets were outrageously over priced. She started the show an hour and a half late, she must have changed her clothes at least seven times and she only did a handful of her old material. With that being said it was still the best concert I have been to this year!!! I mean her voice is just incredible, she can hit so many different octaves and the depth of her vocal range is to be admired. Nobody can write or sing a better "why did you leave me", love song like her. Ok, so now I am going to have to add her to the top ten list of best live performances:

1) Sade @ the Hollywood Bowl 1995
2) Patty LaBelle @ the West Palm Beach Performing Arts Center 1997
3) Madonna's Last Farewell Tour AAA in Miami 2002
4) Paul McCartney in Ft. Lauderdale 2003
5) Keith Sweat in Ft. Lauderdale 1996
6) Lenny K. not sure where I saw him 2004
7) Prince Greatest Hits Tour Atlanta 2005
8) Gloria Estefan Farewell Miami 2005
9) Mariah Carey in Miami 2006
10)Elton John in Las Vegas @ Cesar's Palace 2005

If you have your own list please feel free to share it with me. Until next time take care.

Cam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home