Cameron Leigh

Monday, February 19, 2007

Batteries Not Included

Hello All,

Happy President's Day..lol. For those of you had to go to work today I am sympathizing with you. I hope every ones weekend was satisfactory. I am finally over this awful cold..thank God. I have to admit that I am not a pleasant person when I am sick. I think my friends overdosed me on NyQuil on purpose. This week I am off to beautiful Orlando. I am seriously considering moving there after I retire. We will have to see.. I have narrowed it down to four places to live after I retire: 1) Miami, Fl 2) Charlotte, NC 3) Orlando, FL and 4) Washington D.C. At this point in my life I am ready for a serious change.

Ok, I can not believe that I forgot to share this with you last week. You see what happens when you start getting older. This is a funny story, because yours truly really put her foot in her mouth. So without hesitation let me tell you what happened: As you know I am volunteering my off time to work with Habitat for Humanity. I really love what the organization is about and just seeing the smiles on the faces of strangers is something that can not be measured. With that being said, one of the major sponsors for HFH (Habitat for Humanity) is Home Depot. I had to go there and take training classes on how to build things, paint, measure and so forth. Well my instructor was a serious cutie. And I found myself needing a lot of help in sawing, and screwing in a light fixture. What can I say there is no shame in my game. Anyway, I found myself making miscellaneous trips to the Home Depot and running into him while I am there. I never worked up the courage to ask him out and he didn't take the hint and ask me out either ( the story of my life!). After training classes were over I went back to the Home Depot and this time I had a legitimate reason....I needed some batteries. Once again I ran into my cutie, we talked for a little while and I told him how much I loved working on the house and that I was really looking forward to doing another project. At that moment, I dropped the package of batteries on the floor. I know no big deal right; you forget that it is me that we are talking about. I bent down to pick up the batteries and I saw my cutie with this look on his face. It wasn't the look of " wow, she has a nice ass", but rather "that's a lot of batteries." Instead of just leaving it alone; I went into this long explanation of why I need so many batteries. It was awful, it was like watching an accident happen. He just stood there with this look on his face as if to say " sure it is for the remote control." Oh it gets worse,I asked him if he would like to come to my house and see all the remote controls I have. He just smiled and said no thank you. I know what he was thinking those batteries are for a remote control but not to a T.V. I think all those bad dates that I have had is my fault. Now I am going to have to start shopping at Loews.

Hugs & Kisses,
Cam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home