Cameron Leigh

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I need adult supervision

Hello All,

How are you guys doing? How was every one's weekend? Good I hope. Mine was very funny. I did a very bad thing this past weekend. I am one step closer to going to hell. Now after you read this please do not send me any hate mail..I already feel guilty.

My next door neighbor is an elderly lady with a lot of pets. She has three cats, two dogs, some fish, two birds, a hamster and a bunny rabbit. She has named all of her pets after 1950/60s icons. For instance her three cats and two dogs are named after the "rat pack". That's right there is; Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, Dean Martin, Joey Bishop and someone else who I can't think of at the moment. Anyway, you get the picture. OK, so my neighbor was going out of town for a week and she asked me to look after her pets. I was more than happy to and on top of that she was going to pay me $40/day. Now I would have watched her pets for free, but she insisted on paying me. Side note: taking money from the elderly lady next door is not why I am going straight to hell....it gets worse. Alright, so the week goes by and everything is fine all the animals are alive and counted for. My neighbor comes back home and she looks great and bakes me some cookies as token of her appreciation. Everything is fine right.........wrong. Over the weekend I keep getting these 911 text messages. And naturally I ignore them, because I don't know who keeps texting me 911. Finally my neighbor knocks on my door, and she is clearly upset. I ask her what is wrong? Does she need an ambulance? Does she need me to take her to the hospital? No, no, no she responds, she then proceeds to ask me if I gave Frank Sinatra his seizure medication. OOPS! BIG OOPS! Now here is my opportunity to do the right thing and just come clean. But yours truly chickens out and says "of course I gave him his medication, everyday for a week." My neighbor then says she is going to have to take him to the hospital because something is wrong. She takes the cat to the emergency vet hospital they tell her its a good thing she brought the cat in because he could have died and it just gets worse from there.

I brought Frank Sinatra a get well soon gift (because I feel guilty I almost killed him) and I am not lying the cat gave me this look. He looks so pitiful he has to wear an oxygen mask and he just kept hissing at me the entire time I was visiting him. I am so ashamed, but I can't confess to my neighbor. I am going to have to take this one to the grave. I know I am going straight to hell.....I can't even take care of some pets. I need adult supervision.

Hugs & Kisses,
Cam

1 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Sweet Cam, I think your being a little too hard on yourself. Afterall, that's why they have nine lives. Having to look after that many animals and you only had one casualty, hey you did good.

That other rat pack member she named one of her pets after is either Peter Lawford or Tom Dennett. That reminds me of this movie called "Everything Is Illuminated" with Elijah Wood. There was a dog in the movie named Sammy Davis Jr Jr. A very enjoyable movie you should check out.

Take care & have a great weekend sweet princess.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home